Thursday 1 September 2011

No hay VIP.

So i'm off on my first trip to Paris next month.Now you may ask what is on my sightseeing agenda? The Eiffel tower? A trip down the Seine or a gander at the Mona Lisa? Well,balls to that. There's only one place that a martyr of an awkward silence wants to go and that's Club Silencio, David Lynch's recently opened nightclub,designed as a replica of Mullholland drive's sinister nightclub. Quite frankly I think it's serendipity.I was trying to work out how I can somehow ditch my mother,as much as I love her dearly I can't think of anything more surreal than taking her to a nightclub let alone a Lynchian one,though that is quite Lynchian in itself. Alas though,neither myself or my mother will have this worry as it is a 'membership only' club. Oh how I wish I was of the Parisian elite!

I wish to sob uncontrollably into a blue box of mystery.


I long to drink with an albino cowboy.


I need to sing Roy Orbison in Spanish with a blue haired lady.


But no hay clubo for me. Seriously i'll settle for a square of the toilet roll and be happy as a pig in shit.
So Mr Lynch,how's about you stop mincing around with pretentious members clubs and make another film that everyone can benefit from eh?






1 comment:

  1. How annoying that it's members only. Though it's probably a password or weird hand gesture, rather than a membership card that gets you in. Just rock up with a porcelein mask ala audrey at one eyed jacks and tell them the giant sent you....you'll have no bother.

    Can you imagine going with your mother?! You'd be like Laura and Donna in that club scene in Fire Walk With Me.
    I can see you now doing your Audrey dance, while Julee Cruise croons away in thge corner.

    Don't forget my snowglobe!

    ReplyDelete