Wednesday 18 May 2011

this'll be all shits and giggles i'm sure.

Well i've found another film to get excited about. Lars Von Trier's latest film 'Meloncholia' has been getting rave reviews at Cannes and it looks stunning by the look of the trailer.I love all LVT past films,yes I loved Dogville too.I find it really strange how his films are percieved as misogynistic where as I see them as profound explorations into gender study with feminist interpretations bursting at the seams.My favourite is Antichrist which was possibly my top film of 2009.I really like Charlotte Gainsbourgh,who is also in this new one but i've never been totally convinced by Kirsten Dunst.As much as I love 'Eternal sunshine..' and 'Virgin suicides'.She always just seems to play herself,which isn't a bad thing as such.I've always had a style crush on her though and I always seem to copy her hair.After ESOTSM I started wearing my hair like that and after seeing this trailer i'm thinking short shaggy bob is so 2011.I think I may have just ruined my whole feminist angle there,hmm.Anyhoo will be getting the popcorn extra buttered for this one.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to this too, though I'm not a major fan of LVT (kinda hit and miss for me) I am a huge fan of the Dunst.....kudos to her for signing up to this, a brave move indeed....could end up being her Black Swan methinks.

    ReplyDelete