Sunday 22 May 2011

Wiig out.

I've been recommended this movie by my Canadian cousin and have to say I have laughed out loud about 4 times during the trailer and seen some other bits and I think this might be potentially hilarious.I would normally avoid any movie called 'Bridesmaids' but I didn't know this was Kristen Wiig,who I have loved since I first Flight of the conchords and eveything i've seen her in since.Wish we got SNL in the UK. And it's produced by Judd Apatow who I absolutely worship(watch this space,I was going to do a piece on JA very soon!).I love this fresh wave of American comedy coming from SNL.I've always liked Adam Sandler,Ben Stiller and that alumni of 90's comedy but the films have always been hit and miss for me.But I have loved everything Apatow has done particularly his own directed.Forty year old virgin is one favorite comedies,it cracks me up seriously.Love Seth Rogen,Paul Rudd,Bill Hader,Martin Starr but mostly Jonah Hill.Him and Jane Lynch steal that film.And
Lesley Mann,who is Apatow's real life wife,is very funny too.
But this film seems to be getting a lot of positive internet buzz so i'm guessing this will offer a lot more than the standard romcom.I love the line about her diary being 'a very sad handwritten book'.

No comments:

Post a Comment