Friday 20 May 2011

Cotton candy machine

I don't know much about modern art but I have just discovered Tara Mcpherson. Obviously she was discovered a while ago and not by me but I have recently embraced her into my little sheltered world.She is a New York based artist who is well known for her distinctive graphic art style playing on repetitive themes influenced by her childhood.Her art is distinctively feminine and plays on themes of innocence with underlying darker associations.I wish I could get some of her original work!

She is well known for her gig poster designs.And has done them for all the supercool best bands.









I love this type of art.She reminds me a lot of Frank Kozik,who is my absolute favourite contemporary artist.She seems like the yin to his yang.

No comments:

Post a Comment